More than half of the world relies on social media for almost everything nowadays, it is pretty impossible to stay oblivious to its importance. Businesses need to have a strong presence and hold on to their marketing for social media strategies and ace their social media game. Being active on social media enables businesses to interact with their audiences, build a relationship and personal rapport with them and stay connected with them at all times.
While maintaining a constant online presence can seem intimidating, with social media managers’ help and strategies, things get easier. Using marketing for social media strategies is daunting sure, but social media experts can make the whole process much easier. and but if you and your business are not in the position to hire a social media manager due to scale or budget constraints, we have some useful social media marketing tips for you that will only up your social media game. Even if you are a non-marketing person, these tips will surely help you because they are easy, cohesive, and well-defined.
5 Social Media Marketing Tips for the Non-Marketing Person:
1. Curate a Strategy:
Marketing for social media strategies or even plain marketing can never get done without the use of a proper strategy. Every platform is different and the use of every platform of social media is different too, be it Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube. Every platform requires a different approach and different tactics to make a mark on specific social media platforms. Being a pro at every platform is not needed but knowing the basics of and how each platform works is important. There are a few things that you need to understand and know the concepts of before taking the first step. Some of the concepts are:
- Understand the difference between paid, earned, and owned media.
- Paid media is anything that your business or brand pays for like display ads, banner ads, and marketing ads.
- Owned media are the digital assets that are owned by you, your blog, social media handles, and your website.
- Earned media is the digital marketing word-of-mouth advertisement that you did not pay for at all. These can be in the form of social media sharing, recommending your brand through comments, or sharing your posts from your blog or website.
Other than these concepts, you must also consider the following:
- What platform to use and why?
- Who is the target audience?
- What message does the marketing convey?
- What content works best on which platform?
- How do get more engagement?
2. Stay consistent:
To stay in the limelight and for people and your audiences to not forget you, you need to stay regular and consistent with your posting schedule. Creating a content calendar for each social media platform is crucial and a great way to keep things right on track. This will also make marketing for social media strategies a piece of cake for your business. Furthermore, this enables you to understand what kind of content to post and when. Make sure that you keep the following things in check:
- Brand’s image
- Brand’s message
- Posting frequency and consistency
- Hashtag to be used
- Checking engagement and promoting on different platforms
- Quality over quantity.
3. Stay focused on your target audience:
To know your target audience and create interesting content around them is a gruesome task. You must entice your target audience. To know which audience is interacting with you. So, you must at all times keep a check on the analytics of your social media accounts and website. Your target audience has to be made loyal by your brand’s worthiness and stay loyal and true to the brand. Your business should set itself apart from the other businesses and that is exactly what will make the audience stay true and loyal to your brand.
4. Create Engaging Content:
While most social media is pretty much saturated with the content of all kinds, videos, reels, pictures, texts, and animations, there is still space for everyone. To stand out from the crowd, your content must be different, unique, engaging, and scroll-stopping for the users. Different content is suitable for different platforms. It is vital to know which content works for which platform.
Here are a few tips for creating interesting content:
- The content can be timeless, of human interest, and has to be relevant to the current scenario and especially the current digital viral scenario.
- Images should be loud and clear, not overcrowded with text.
- Try using gifs and videos – they create the most impact in the least amount of time.
- Get up close and personal with your audience, introduce the people who work behind the scenes, your team, and so on.
- Tell your brand’s story – this makes a personal and sound relationship with your brand.
- Tell a story – this is selling a product subtly without showing that you are trying hard to sell a product.
- Stay on the bandwagon of current trends and viral content. But you must always make sure that the content you produce has to be in line with the image and vision of your brand.
5. Engage with your followers:
What is the point of social media if you are not social after all? Engage with your followers to build a community with a strong bond and stay close to your audience on a personal level. The whole concept of marketing for social media strategies is to make your brand connect with the audience and make a personal rapport with each of them. This can be done through:
- Like and react to comments
- Stream live
- Create polls
- Create quizzes
- Ask questions
- Share some behind scenes
- Post content by tagging some followers
- Personalized emails
- Keep your messages cohort, subtle and sweet
Bonus Tip – Analyze Metrics:
Analyzing your social media analytics deeply is the most crucial step that you can take to build a stronger brand and its social media presence. Most social media applications will track your metrics for you, but to have that facility you must have a business account. So, with the data and analytics in your hand, you can analyze your strategy and enhance your performance by taking the necessary steps and altering the current ones.
Creating a stronger, targeted community will not only make your online presence stronger but also create loyal customers who are there to stay. Keeping up with the new trends is a difficult thing for sure, but if the social media game is done right, it can do wonders for your brand. Especially through creating a level of trust and loyalty with your brand. And that is the whole crux of marketing for social media strategies. The strategies enable your business to get several benefits and outcomes favorable for your brand. The customers root for your brand and can also vouch for it. This enables your brand to get more sales and more potential customers to turn into paying ones. And then, paying ones to stay longer with your brand. It also makes the way for future growth and success of our brand.